Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Mother's Birthday

Picture before it was almost done, just needed my little nephews handprint.

Yesterday (July 26, 2011) was my Mother's birthday. My sister and I planned to do something very special that we've never done. Normally we always buy my Mother presents but we wanted to do something creative without wasting a single penny (besides the dinner). The photo above was the project we worked on (secretly). The handprints are from my little nephews and niece, basically from her grandchildren:

Aiden (7 months) - Anthony (15 years old) - Xavier (10 years old) - Zariah (2 years old)

My adorable little niece, Zariah, participating on the project.

Our tradition in our household is that early in the morning my dad would play "Las mañanitas", and we would go hug the person with the birthday and give them their gifts at the same time. It's a beautiful thing. My mother was not expecting the present and when she seen it she was speechless. She is planning on even framming it!! *points for Edna and I*

For dinner that night we had hotwings and pasta. Might I say it was DELICIOUS!
Definitely want to plan the next birthday which will be my nephew Anthony in September.
He'll be turning 16 so we must plan carefully, awsomeeeesauceeee. :)

The final piece of the project! The writting is from my brother Ivan. It says: A garden of love grows in a Grandmother's Heart ---- Happy Birthday Abuela

All photos are from Edna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...